Orbis Education, a leader in the development, marketing and management of healthcare education solutions achieved a record year of growth in 2017. The strong performance was fueled by the company’s commitment to being the top provider of pre-licensure healthcare programs for universities and delivering outstanding student outcomes that help overcome the shortage of skilled healthcare providers in the U.S.
Orbis partners with academic institutions to enable the delivery of high-quality, clinically intensive education programs that fast-track students into the nursing, occupational therapy and other healthcare professions. Under the agreements, Orbis develops hybrid programs that feature interactive e-Learning platforms to educate students on healthcare fundamentals and theories. The company also funds, develops and equips state-of-the-art facilities that include labs that replicate the clinical setting where students turn foundational knowledge they learn online into psychomotor skills, and establishes relationships with top healthcare facilities where students then perform in-hospital clinical rotations.
Orbis surpassed several major milestones in 2017, including:
- Signed new strategic partnership agreements with Loyola University – Chicago, Madonna University and Misericordia University to develop hybrid Accelerated Bachelor of Science Nursing (ABSN) programs
- Began marketing and enrollment for ABSN programs at Concordia University Texas, Madonna University and Loyola University – Chicago
- Opened new state-of-the-art nursing lab facilities at Xavier University and Concordia University-Portland
- Received accreditation from American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Expanded partnership agreement with St. Catherine University to include Online Occupational Therapy Assistant program in Texas
- Added nearly 100 full-time employees
“We are proud of the impact we are having on the healthcare labor shortage and in the lives of people who want to pursue these important careers,” said Steve Hodownes, chief executive officer at Orbis. “While 2017 was a banner year, we are on pace to take our rate of growth to an even higher level in 2018.”
During the first quarter of 2018, Orbis has already added two academic partners to its growing list that includes some of the top institutions in the country.